Communication with Students & Parents:
"Remind is a communication tool that helps teachers connect instantly with students and parents. Send quick, simple
messages to any device."
Remind connects every teacher, student, and parent in the world to improve education. Please visit the link provided to learn more. www.remind.com
Resources for parents
Is Remind safe?www.remind.com/resources/parents
Welcome JSHS Parents...
Keeping parents in the loop is SUPER important when it comes to student success!
My philosophy is that parent involvement is important and directly contributes to the success of any student in the classroom.
I encourage all parents to contact me should they have any questions or concerns regarding their son/daughters academic, social, or behavior in the classroom.
Communication between student, parent, and teacher is key in helping students reach their potential. You will have access to this website, google classroom assignments and notes, as well view current grades on ASPEN through the parent portal.
Additionally, I will provide each student and parent a person class code to contact me via the Remind messaging system.
High School can sometimes mean parent involvement dwindles. Please stay informed and contact me should any questions arise.
Thank you for your time.
Keep up the great work!
JHS Science Teacher
Getting Extra Help from Mrs. Sousa?
- Mrs. Sousa is available by appointment or after school from 1:35-2:30pm (Rm.114)
- After school help is provided on one assigned night per week.
- Mrs. Sousa can always be reached by e-mail or Remind text. (please see footer for contact) should a student or parent have any questions, or wish to make an appointment for extra help.
Helpful Study Hints & Tips..
- Stay focused
- Set manageable short-term and long-term goals
- Use index cards for memorization.
- Re-write notes, then have a friend, mom or dad ask you questions about your notes.
- Don't cram! Take 20 minutes each night and study for that big test!
- Take home the proper class notes and textbooks necessary to study.
- Always complete homework! Most teachers assign HW to help you learn the content better. Think of HW as practice!